The constitution of the Gazipur District Bar Association, approved by the General body in general meeting held on 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th of September, 1980 was published in 1980 of the first time and that was amendment in 1984 and with that end in view a constitution amendment sub-committee was formed headed by Mr. Md. Hazrat Alli as convener and amended constitution was punished on the 18th December, 1986
For further amendment of the constitution, the executive committee constituted a sun committee with the approval of the General meeting held on 23.04,1994 consisted of 12 members as follows:
- Mr. Md. Hazrat Ali convener
- Mr Alhaj md. Faizuddin Mollah member
- Mr. Aftabuddin Ahamed ,,
- Mr. S. Ahamed ,,
- A.K.M Abdus Sattar ,,
- Mr. Alhaj Md. Rezaul Karim Bhuiyan ,,
- Mr. Alauddin Hossain ,,
- Mr. Haris Uddin Ahmed ,,
- Mr. Md. Azmat Ullah Khan ,,
- Mr. Md. Abdul Mannan pathan ,,
- Mr. Alhaj Md. Humayun Pathan President ( Ex-officio member)
- Mr. Md. Nurul Amin Secretary (Ex-officio member)
The proposed amendments of the sub-committee were unanimously approved by the executive committee and finally approved by the general committee on 11.10.94 with Mr. Alhaj Md.Hummayun Kabir in the chair, the president of the Bar. The amended constitution was published by Mr. Md. Nurul Amin the Secretary of the Bar in 1994.
With the change of time, circumstances necessitated further amendments of the constitution the executive committee in its meeting held on 11.6.97 constituted a sub-committee with the approval of the General meeting held on 18.6.97, consisted of 5 members as follows:
- Rr. Md. Hazrat Ali Convener
- Mr. Aftabuddin Ahmed Member
- Mr. Alhaj Md. Humayun Kobir Member
- Mr. Harisuddin Ahmed (president) Ex-officio member
- Mr. Wazuddin Mia (secretary) Ex-officio member
The sub-committee on 7.7.97 and 30.7.97 suggested some amendments. The Executive committee in its meeting on 6.8.97 approved the amendments unanimously and the amendments were further approved by the General Body in its meetings on 20.8.97 its some modifications with Mr. Harisuddin Ahmde in the chair, president of the Bar. The amendment takes effect from the 6th August, 1997.
The amendments are called “The Third Amendment 1997” with effect from 6th August, 1997.
With the change of time, circumstances necessitated further amendments of the constitution; the Executive committee in its meeting held on 30.10.99 constituted a sub-committee consisted of 7 members as follows:
- Mr. S.M. Joynal Abedin convener
- Mr. Dewan Abul Kashem Member Secretary
- Mr. Abdul Awal Member
- Mrs. Khaleda Sarker Member
- Mr. Mahbubul Alam Member
- Mr. Md. Abdul Mannan Pathan (president) Ex-officio member
- Mr. Wazuddin Mia (secretary)Ex-officio
The sub-committee in its meetings on 9.11.99, 9.12.99, 26.12.99, 19.1.2000 suggested some amendments. The Executive committee in its meeting on 18.1.2000 approved the amendments unanimously and the amendments were further approved by the General Body in its meeting on 20.1.2000 with some modifications with Mr. Abdul Mannan Pathan in the chair, president of the Bar in the chair. The amendments take effect from the 20th January, 2000.
This amendments be called “The Fourth Amendment 2000” Due to further necessity to amend the constitution, The Executive Committee formed a sub-committee in its meeting on 05/05/2003 which was consist of three members as follow:
- Mr Rafiq Uddin Ahmed , President
- Mr. Dewan Abul Kashem , Vice-president
- Mr. Abdul Awal, General Secretary
This sub-committee proposed some amendment’s in its meeting held on 26/5/2003, 27/8/2003, 20/9/2003, 13/11/2003, 11/2/2004 & 25/03/2004 and that was accepted in the General meeting held on 25/03/2004 wish few after, with Mr. Rafiquddin Ahmed, the president of the Bar Association in the chair which was effected from 1st May 2004. This amendment called as Fifth Amendment 2004.
Time necessitated for further amendment of the constitution and the executive committee formed a seven (7) member’s sub-committee at this end in its meeting held on 30/8/2004. Sub-committee was as follows:
- Mr. Hazrat Ali Convener
- Mr. Alhaj Aftabuddin Ahmed Member
- Mr. Alhaj Humayun Kabir Member
- Mr. Abdus Sattar Member
- Mr. Sultan Uddin Ahmed Ex-officio
- Mr. Amzad Hossain Babul Ex-officio
- Mr. Sahidullah Kaisar
This sub-committee suggested some modifications in its meeting held on 19/4/2006 which was accepted with Mr. Sultan Uddin Ahmed, President of the Bar in the chair in a meeting held on 19/01/2006. This will be called as 6th amendment.
Further to amend the constitution as per necessity of time, a sub-committee was formed as follows:
- Alhaj Dewan Abul Kashem Convener
- Mr. Nurul Amin, Ex-president Member
- Mr. Sultan Uddin, Ex-president Member
- Mr. Wazuddin Mia, Ex-president Member
- Mr. Amzad Hossain Babul Ex-president Member
- Mr. Abdus Sattar, Ex-office Member
- Mr. Md. Monir Hossain, General Secretary Ex-officio
This sub-committee suggested some amendments in its meeting held on 10/12/2007 which was accepted with a little alter with Mr. Abdus Sattar, President of the Bar in the chair in the General Meeting held on 18/01/2008. With effect from 1st January, 2008.
This amendment will be called as seventh amendment.
As per decision of the executive committee meeting held in 26/04/2011 a sub-committee was formed with a view to amend the constitution and to translate the up to-date constitution into mother tongue Bangla.
Sub-committee was as follows:
- Mr. Amzad Hossain Babul, president convener
- Mr. Siddiqur Rahaman , General Secretary Member
- Mr. Md. Solaiman , Ex-president Member
- Mr. Sultan Uddin Ahamad, Ex-president Member
- Mr. Wazuddin Miah ,Ex-president Member
- Mr. Abdus sattar, Ex- President Member
- Mr. Dewan Abul Kashem, Ex-vice President Member
The amendment proposal’s of this sub-committee was unanimously accepted in the General Meeting held on18/01/2011 which was presided by Mr. Amzad Hossain Babul, the president of the Bar Association. This amendment is called special amendment.
This amendment takes effect from 1st January, 2012.
Now it is further necessitated to fulfill the demand of time and to amend the constitution once again. To this end the executive committee is its meeting held in 25/8/2015 constituted a five member’s sub-committee was as follows:
- Alhaj Dewan Moahammad Ibrahim, President Convener
- Mr. Md. Monir Hossain, General Secretary Member
- Mr. Sultan Uddin Miah,Ex-president Member
- Mr. Wazuddin Miah, Ex-president Member
- Mr. Abdus Sobhan, Ex-president Member
This sub-committee in its meeting held in 9/9/2015 suggested a few amendments of the constitution in article-4, Article-5, Article 14, Article-15(b), Article-17, Article-17(e), Article-17(g), Article-19(e), Article-22 & Article-27. The proposed amendment was accepted with a little alter with Mr. Dewan Mohammad Ibrahim. The president of the Bar Association in amendment will be effected from 1st February 2016 & will be called as 8th amendment.
As it is necessity to fulfill the demand of the constitution of the the Gazipur District Bar Association already been amended for last eight times, Respect of the whole constitution become very much necessary for the purpose of every amendment which usuries a good deal of money every year. To avoid the regular repetition of the amendment of constitution, the Executive committee of the Gazipur District Bar Association (GDBA) on its regular meeting held on ------------constitutive 11 members subcommittee which as follows.
- Mr. Dr. Md. Shahiduzzaman convener
- Mr. Md. Amran Hossain Member Secretary.
- Mr. Amzad Hossain Babul (GP) Member
- Mr. Haris Uddin Ahmed (PP) Member
- Mr. Wazuddin Mia (Ex President) Member
- Mr. Rofique Uddin Ahamen(Ex President) Member
- Mr. Md. Solaiman ,(Ex president) Member
- Mr. Sultan Uddin Miah (Ex president) Member
- Mr. Abdus sattar, (Ex president) Member
- Mr. Abdus Sobhan,( Ex president ) Member
- Mr. Siddiqur Rahaman , (Ex General Secretary) Member
The sub-committee arranged/called a meeting on --------- and suggested/advised some number of amendments in Article-2 (i) (p) (q) (s), Article-3 (b), Article-5, Article-7 (9),(10) and (c), Article-8 (j), Article-10 (b), Ariticle-11 (g), Article17 (a, c, g), Article-21 (d), Article-22 (a, d, f, j), Article-23 (b), Article-24 (1), (2-b),(5-a,b), (6-b), Article-25 (b, e), Article-26(b), (l),(m), the last part of Article-28 and some part of Article-30. The aforesaid amendments was accepted on that meeting which was presided by Dr.Md. Shahiduzzaman. These Amendments will be effected from 31st December 2016 and will be addressed/ Introduced as Ninth Amendment of (GDBA) constitution.
Md. Amran Hossain
Gazipur District Bar Association .
GAZIPUR DISTRICT BAR ASSOCIATION
Where as it is expedient to provide a constitution for the Gazipur District Bar Association for the purpose of conducting all the legal and rightful norms of the members of the Association and for consolidating the procedure for the well-being of the members of the Association relating to matters incident or ancillary there to.
Now, therefore the Gazipur District Bar Association frames this constitution in 1980. Which was emended several times within 1st January, 2017.
Where as it is expedient to amend and modify certain provisions of the constitution of the Gazipur District Bar Association for the purpose here in after appearing.
And where as in pursuance of the resolution passed by the general body in the general meeting held on the --------------- . Certain provisions of the constitution of the Gazipur District Bar Association are hereby amended and modified. The amended constitution takes effect from the 1st January, 2017.
The Association in and shall be called ``The Gazipur District Bar Association’’. In Bengali it shall be named styled as The Gazipur Zilla Anijibi Samity. It may be registered under the societies Registration Act-1961 (Act-XXI of 1960) as and when considered necessary by the general body.
- The expression The Association Whenever used hereinafter shall mean The Gazipur Bar Association.
- The expression Member used hereinafter shall mean and apply to a legal practitioner who has been enlisted on the roll of the members of the Association in compliance with the provision hereinafter contained and whose names have not been removed or struck off the rolls of membership for breach of any of the provisions, resignation, death, expulsion and otherwise.
- General Body shall mean the body consisting of the members of the Association.
- Defaulter shall mean a member who failed to pay his monthly subion and other dues payable by him under the provisions of the constitution of the Association for three consecutive months.
- Building Fund means fund raised and used mainly for the purpose of contrition of new building or the sitting ones, and their improvement and maintenance.
- Benevolent Fund shall mean the fund raised, created and maintained for the purpose of payment out of the Benevolent Fund to the heirs or successors of the deceased member in accordance with the provisions provided herein after.
- Future demand on Provident fund. The Fund for the future demand or the Provident fund from where the heirs or necessary on the nominated person in favor of one regular member of this bar must be financially assisted to develop.
- ``President” shall mean an office bearer duly elected as president of the Association at the Annual General Election.
- ``Vice-President” those (two) who are elected as vice- president.
- General Secretary shall mean the office bearer duly elected as General Secretary of the Association at the Annual General Election.
- Assistant General Secretary shall mean an office bearer duly elected as Assistant General Secretary of the Association at the Annual General Election.
- Treasurer shall mean an office bearer duly elected as Treasure of the Association at the Annual General Election.
- Library Secretary shall mean an office bearer duly elected as Library Secretary of the Association at the Annual General Election.
- Auditor shall mean an office bearer duly elected as Auditor of the Association at the Annual General Election.
- Cultural Secretary shall mean the office bearer duly elected as Cultural Secretary of the Association at the Annual General Election
- Secretary for women shall mean the office bearer duly elected as secretary for women (only reserved for women members).
- Member-shall mean the member duly elected as member (in numbers 11).
- Executive committee shall mean an elected body consisting of the office bearers and members.
- Office Bearer shall mean and include president, vice-president, General Secretary, Asstt. General Secretary, Treasurer, Library Secretary, Auditor, Cultural Secretary, Secretary for women and members.
- Election commissioner shall mean the Chief of the Election Commission and members Constituted by the Executive Committee.
- Honourary life time member means to give special honourium lifetime membership. They will not get any benefit from the fund of this Bar. They are only entitled to give their own vote in the election of the Bar.
- The office of the Association shall be located at the Gazipur District
Bar Head Quarters or at such other place as the General body of the Association shall determine if and when necessary.
- According to the constitution of this Bar the duration of the executive committee will be (01) one year. The official and financial year of this association will be started from the first working day of 2nd week of March to the last working day of the first week of March of the following English calendar year.
Aims and objects of the Association
- To protect the right and interest of its members as professional class.
- To faster and uphold the dignity and independent of the Bar and the members in courts and office and other places as a professional class.
- To strive for improving the general proficiency, dignity and professional etiquette and other allied matters relating to the members of the Associations such as to arrange orientation class to improve proficiency & extricate.
- To root out professional misconduct among the members of any.
- To root out of corruption in courts and other relating offices.
- To root out tout and tourism.
- To make all round efforts for maintaining and upholding the dignity of the rule of law.
- To do and perform such other act or acts as and when necessary for contribution to a good and healthy social order.
- To promote give effect to the aims and the purposes of the Association.
Eligibility for the Membership of the Association
Any person entitled to practice as Advocate under the provisions of the Legal Practitioners and the Bar Council Order 1972 (P.O. 46 of 1972) and as amended thereafter would be eligible for the membership of Association for professional misconduct shall not be eligible to be enrolled as a member or shall not be allowed to remain as a member of the association. No person will be allowed to become a member of this Bar Association who was employed in Gazipur as a bench clerk or process server. No senior advocate shall sign on such pupilage intimation documents.
Loss of Membership
- By resignation tendered to and accepted by the Executive Committee of the Association.
- By death.
- By expulsion for any misconduct.
- By conviction in any court of law for any offence which in the opinion of the General Body involves moral turpitude.
- By insanity.
- By incurring loss of qualification of membership due to non-payment of dues.
- By being debarred from practicing as an Advocate.
- To do any subversive activity against the Bar association.
- Membership of any member of the time shift swear, if any incorrect or false information or forged documents, fraud dakhili indeed be canceled his membership.
a. The Executive Committee shall consist of the following office bearers:
- President 1 (one)
- Vice- President 2(two)
- General Secretary 1 (one)
- Assistant General Secretary 1 (one)
- Treasurer 1 (one)
- Library Secretary 1 (one)
- Auditor 1(one)
- Cultural Secretary 1 (one)
- Secretary for women affair 1 (one)
- Members 11 (eleven)
b. The aforesaid office bearers and members of the Association shall be elected from amongst the Association according to the rules prescribed hereinafter and they shall hold office for one year and shall not exceed the period as mentioned in Article-III (b).
c. No particular office shall be eligible for election for the same post for the three consecutive terms.
d. The members of the Executive Committee shall be deemed to have vacates their office immediately after the publication of the result of election and constitution of the new Executive Committee.
Power and Function of the Executive Committee
- The Executive Committee shall be responsible for running the affairs of the Association in accordance with the provisions of the constitution.
- The Executive Committee shall prepare the Annual Budget of the Association and get it approved by the general Body within 30 days of assumption of office.
- The Executive Committee shall be responsible for proper maintence of the buildings, Library and other movable and immovable properties of the Association.
- The Executive Committee shall be responsible for keeping proper books of accounts of the Association.
- The Executive Committee shall have the power to open, operate or close any account of the Association.
- The Executive Committee shall be competent to appoint discharge, dismiss or remove any of the employees of the Association in accordance with the provision of the rules.
- The Executive Committee shall be competent to fix up the salary and the terms and conditions of services of the employees.
- The Executive Committee shall be competent to hear complaint against any member of the association and take appropriate necessary action, and decision in such matter, if necessary, after hearing the parties.
- The Executive Committee shall be competent to induct or evict all or any and realize rents from them for and on behalf of the Association.
- The Executive Committee shall be responsible for the maintaining one/more canteen for the user of the members of the Association.
- A committee constituted by the Executive committee including the library Secretary, shall be responsible for proper and satisfactory functioning of the library. The book committee shall be headed by the Library Secretary and shall be headed by the Library Secretary and shall be responsible to the Executive Committee.
- The executive committees will constitute a library committee headed by the library Secretary to maintain the library properly library Secretary will be the chief of the library committee and he will be accountable of the Executive committee
- For proper discharge of is function the Executive Committee shall meet at least one a month or as often as often required under the exigency of circumstances.
- The Executive Committee shall maintain proceeding of the meetings and ensure maintenance of records of all matters concerning the Association.
- Proceeding of the General Body shall be maintained in a separate register.
- The Executive Committee shall be competent enough to constitute any sub-committee or committee to assist or help the Executive committee in the management of any matter of the Association and any or all such sub-committee so constituted will be deemed to stand dissolved with the committee so constituted will be deemed to stand dissolved with the completion of the particular work or works assigned to such committee and will be deemed to be dissolved with the expiry of the business of office of Executive Committee unless otherwise decided by the Executive Committee.
Executive Committee / General Meeting
- All meetings of the general body and of the Executive Committee shall be convened by the General Secretary or in his absence by the Assistant Secretary.
- At least 3 days notice shall be given for holding the meeting of the General Body than the Annual General Meeting of the Association and 3 days notice shall be given for convening the meeting of the Executive committee provided that in case of emergency a meeting may be called for a shorter notice.
- Eleven Members of the Executive Committee shall form quorum.
- 200 (two hundred) members shall form quorum in the General Body meeting and on quorum shall be necessary for the adjourned meetings.
Meetings of the Association shall be of the following Categories:
- General Meeting.
- Special General Meeting.
- Annual Budget Meeting.
- Annual General Meeting.
- Meeting in urgency ( Adho’c Meeting)
- The General Secretary shall convene ordinary, extra-ordinary, annual budget and Annual General Meeting specifying the subjects to be discussed at such meeting.
- If the General Secretary or Assistant Secretary fail or omits to convene a meeting of the General body in connection with any important or urgent matter and if a requisition is given by at least 200 members of the Association in writing the General Secretary of in his absence the Assistant General Secretary shall call a requisition meeting of the Association for discussing the agenda of such requisition, provided that if the General secretary thinks that the subject matter of the requisition is objectionable and its discussion shoals be improper, he may refuse to convene such a requisition meeting. In such case the requisitionists shall be informed of the decision within 5 days.
- The president shall preside over all the meetings of the Association.
- In absence of the president of the meetings of the Association shall be presided over by one of the Vice-President.
- In absence of the president and both the Vice-President the meeting shall be presided over by a Senior Advocate elected for that particular meeting.
- Annual General Meeting of the Association shall be held once in every year in the month of February of on a data of the fixed by the Executive Committee.
- All other meetings of General body shall be called as Extra-Ordinary meetings.
- Notices of all meetings of the General Body shall be writing and published in the Notice board and in such other manner as the General Secretary thinks proper.
- Want of knowledge of not affect the validity of any meeting.
- The Annual Meeting shall be convened at least 10 days before the date of the meeting with the Agenda of the business to be transacted.
Business of the Annual General Meeting
The business to be transacted at the Annual General Meeting
- Consideration of the Annual Report of the Associations to be placed by the General Secretary.
- Consideration of the Accounts of the Association of the current year with Audit report, if any.
- Consideration of any other matter that may be on the Agenda.
- The Association hall and other rooms including the library shall remain open from 9am to 5pm except holidays.
- All clerks, servants, manilas and the other employees of the Association shall be under the direct control of the Executive Body.
- The General Secretary shall be the chief Executive who shall be responsible to the Executive Committee for proper management of the Association.
- The Executive Committee shall have the power to power to receive all subions form the members and to receive any money on behalf of the Association, from the Treasury, any court, office, bank or friend by granting receipts for the same and also make payment after obtaining receipts on behalf of the Association.
- The office room, library, all hall rooms will remain under the management of the executive committee and any kind of searing arrangement of new members will be conducted on the basis of seniority.
- The chambers allocated in the building of the association will be under the control of the executive committee. Member’s will be eligible to practice there but it will not be treated as a private property & no aloe will have any right to transfer such chamber and after association and after his or her death or permanent disability it will be vested upon the association in such as legal heir (heirs will have right to withdraw to deposited money)
- All receipts of the Association shall be kept with the bank account of th